Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SSAG and PHD2 problem

Bramisheu

Hi all

I have been trying to get the autoeguiding working using PHD2 and my orion SSAG, in PHD i have the camera set to Orion SSAG camera (ASCOM) and the mount set to EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6...

My mount has an ST-4 autoguiding port (its an EQ6 PRO) but when i click ST4 guiding in the EQMOD ASCOM SETUP within PHD2 it says "mount does not support the required PulseGuide interface"

Also when i try to change the SSAG setup in PHD2 it gives an error "The type of the value object did not match the specified RegistryValueKind or object could not be properly converted"

I am using PHD2 2.6.3

SSAG driver - 5.1 off orion website

Ive installed SSAG ascom setup.exe 

I have attached a picture of the mount interface incase there is a certain driver i need for my specific mount....

Many thx

Robbie

1500230659852137014588.jpg

You can use ST4 or pulse guiding, to use ST4 you should only need the latest SSAG driver from the Orion site, start PHD and select on camera in the menu and SSAG in the drop down menu and it should work.

Pulse guiding runs through the RS232 connection and you don't need the ST4 cable.

Dave

Quote:

My mount has an ST-4 autoguiding port (its an EQ6 PRO) but when i click ST4 guiding in the EQMOD ASCOM SETUP within PHD2 it says "mount does not support the required PulseGuide interface"

ST4 and pulse guiding are two different things.

Have a look at EQMod. http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/introindex.html

Dave

Yes, but in PHD2 when i select ST4 guiding, i get the error and cannot connect the mount to PHD.  when i click pulseguiding it allows me to connect the mount.

Sorry if im misunderstanding something, 

Rob

Why have you got mount set to EQMOD ASCOM you need a special cable to use that.

You should be able to simply connect the ST4 cable select SSAG in the camera drop down menu and on camera in the  mount tab, this should be all you need to do providing you have ASCOM installed you don't need to do anything with it.

Dave

Hi, 

I don't know if the eq6 handset is the same as heq5,  but are you eabling pc direct mode when you are trying to connect your mount with the special cable? Try removing the st4 cable and use only the eqdir cable(or the the rs232 to usb if it's the case). 

Hth. 

Archived