NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some test shots through the gaps...

AstroTrac TT320X arrived safely. It sure is a quality bit of kit.

I have managed to get out only once since it arrived due to the weather :) but I thought I would share the results of my test images.

The following taken over short exposure times through the gaps in the clouds.

1, Not sure exactly what portion of the sky somewhere north in the summer triangle.

8178_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

2, Andromeda region. any further to the left and you would have a night image of a tree :)

8177_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I will do a full review with some pictures as soon as it stops raining :clouds2:

Lee.

Thanks for the comments. I have spent some more time processing and have pulled out some more detail.

All I can do at the moment due to endless cloud. :D

Still... of to Spain on Tuesday for some late summer sun and I am taking The AstroTrac with me. :(:D:Envy:

8373_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Very promising indeed Lee. I just think widefield shots like this are brilliant. I love the shot with M31 in it.

There is great reports on the Astrotracs, and given good skies, and a good widefield lens, you will get some mind blowing images of our own galactic starfields.

Have a nice break in Spain.

Ron. :D

Thanks Ron,

I have also had another bash at the M31 image as well.

8376_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I like this image also for the way it depicts our own galaxy, the one we can't see in it's entirety because we live in it. Looking outwards, we see the only naked eye galaxy with the same shape as the Milky Way. There are of course superb close ups of M31, but the broad view lends more impact to those trying to understand the universe

It is quite profound to some people when you explain to them that everything they see is in the night sky, is in our own galaxy, except M31. Of course I mean for the Northern Hemisphere. In the South, the L&S Magellanic Clouds could be their M31. I am not sure if there is any other naked eye extra galactic object in the Southern Hemisphere.

If there is I would be pleased to here what it is. :D

Ron.

Archived