SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ZWO Can

valleyman

Ok here goes.

I have 2 PC's, one in the house and one in the shed for Astro.

I have 2 Cams, Zwo 120MM and Zwo120MC. Just received the 120MC from FLO and out with it for the first time today for some test runs.

Problem. I have had the 120MM for a few weeks and works Great on both PC's but the 120MC is only working on the PC in the house.

I am running it on FireCapture and am getting lots of little square blocks in the frame (see Pic).

I ran it on SharpCap and it works perfectly OK. Now I know it makes sence to run it on SharpCap but I prefer FireCapture.

When I load the 120MC I get a warning saying I am running a AVI Cam and should adjust the USB rate if I get distorted pics. I have done that from Max to Minimum and still no change.

Any body had this problem before.

BTW, the picture should be in colour as well and you can see the mesh effect

Pat

Mars_145701_0031.jpg

I have seen a similar pattern on the screen with FireCapture if I run a colour camera (ASI224MC in this case), on a smaller laptop screen, and the image is fit to the window size with debayer OFF. This is because it does a quick and dirty interpolation for the sake of speed. This causes an interference pattern on the screen, but no problem in the captured files. Setting the image scale to 100% removes the pattern. Not sure if this is the case here, of course

25 minutes ago, valleyman said:

Just tested some SER files and still had the small squares after debayering.

The problem with debayering is that there are so many options to chose from: order of the mask, offsets in X and Y.  Get any of these wrong and you get strange colours and grids.

Archived