Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cellphone pictures?

GUS

Does anyone have any Ha pictures, especially with Quark or PST taken with a digiscope and cellphone or point and shoot? Just about all you can find are images that are built on thousands upon thousands of stills taken with a dedicated camera sans the ep then processed in Registax or equivalent software to get the cream of the crop. I would like to see exactly what one sees through the ep with variety of apertures and magnifications. 

Thanks guys (and ...gals maybe?)

This with good cam zwo, and lunt 60 single stack. No-one processes red but this is close to my eyepiece view, but you have to use averted vision to pick detail. Sun is about like getting used to seeing DSO.  The more you look the more you'll see. I think cell pics won't resemble an eyepiece view but yes, it won't compare to pretty pics either. As far as color it's blood red, bright, and tricky sometimes as daytime seeing conditions can be nuts. Hope this helps let you know what to expect. and yes these are stacked images but I dont think a cell pic should be any kind of decision maker. I use a 25mm eyepiece and see full disk with room to spare. I never use an eyepiece at all anymore to be honest. All the detail in this full disk is visible in eyepiece the detail is just subtle. I tune my banding with my eye then insert camera. 

test 42617c.jpg

tony.jpg

It's not easy to take Ha with a phone camera and actually the views are often more like the processed images than single shots.

Here are a couple taken with a Quark, apologies I used it in so many scopes I can't remember which one but probably a 4" ish apo frac. Taken using an iPhone 5 I think.

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

Thanks guys, btw, I had completely forgotten about this video I had seen some time ago of live stream unedited video. On a side note and spoiler alert: the pst mod wins hands down.

Archived