NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

good news bad new

Mulberry

Hi all.

Well the good news is that we've just had the first clear night in Liverpool that I have been able to take advantage of in weeks and weeks. I had a most enjoyable couple of hours looking all over the sky; saturn, mars, orion neb and an irregular galaxy that I knew I should have written down! The bad news is my scope confirmed that it is certainly under the weather -- it was jumping and jerking instead of slewing, pointing 180 degrees out sometimes and finally the autostar just crashed. The mixed new is that it is being collected for repair tomorrow. Whilst it will be a huge relief to have it back in working order (eventually) I can't quite face the idea of not having it to hand. A good time to read and use starry night I suppose.....

Just heard from BC&F and my scope is being returned tomorrow :laugh:. They've put in a new RA motor which apparently has done the trick. The RA was out by 2 hours and there was some grease on the incoder. A bit meaningless to me but the important this is that it'll be home soon. Phew

Archived