NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Do you mean filters ?

A UHC filter is a narrowband filter. The LPR filters tend to be broadband filters. O-III and H-Beta filters are examples of what are known as line filters.

1 minute ago, John said:

Do you mean filters ?

A UHC filter is a narrowband filter. The LPR filters tend to be broadband filters. O-III and H-Beta filters are examples of what are known as line filters.

Line filters come under Narrow band or Broadband?

And which filters are best for AP in city with substantial amount of light pollution?

50 minutes ago, John said:

Line filters are their own category.

This guide explains much better than I can :icon_biggrin:

http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/useful-filters-for-viewing-deep-sky-objects/

I read it and also found the filters but my question is these are available for 1.5" and 2" ( to be fitted in those eyepieces) 

So for AP how will I be able to use them since I'll remove the eyepiece itself which houses the filters.

1 hour ago, Saket said:

And which filters are best for AP in city with substantial amount of light pollution?

If there is light pollution, I suspect that your options for astrophotography are limited.

Filters used to be of some help vs. light pollution in the days when public lighting emitted in narrow bands, e.g. mercury or sodium lamps. Increasingly, public lighting is being changed over to continuous spectrum white LEDs, against which filters are useless.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

If there is light pollution, I suspect that your options for astrophotography are limited.

Filters used to be of some help vs. light pollution in the days when public lighting emitted in narrow bands, e.g. mercury or sodium lamps. Increasingly, public lighting is being changed over to continuous spectrum white LEDs, against which filters are useless.

Still I'd be glad to know how will I use 1.25" filters for AP?

• 3 weeks later...

And i already made my mind about which NB filters i will use for AP, sooner or later i will get them, and i live in a LP zone, red zone to be specific but i doubt it is already white, or in summer it is white zone and in winter it is red nearly orange zone.

On 22/06/2017 at 17:41, Saket said:

Still I'd be glad to know how will I use 1.25" filters for AP?

That all depends on your camera (dslr/ ccd/ cmos etc) and your scope (newtonian/ refractor/ dslr lens/ sct etc) as the imaging train and where filters can fit will differ.

Archived