NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quark tuning testing

Rob63

I finally got round to looking at this, I grabbed some images at different tuning positions on the quark on the 25th May.

Seeing was past its best by the time I got round to it. I didn't do any flats which was a pity but it was probably just the shock of having clear skies all day!

All images have been stacked and sharpened at same settings, then lightly stretched in PS. No other processing as I wanted to compare them more accurately.

Rob.

QuarkTuningTest.thumb.jpg.1397809bd91fa93983c7de2d285fd6a3.jpg

Interesting Rob, I have not used the Quark for imaging and it is good to see the different images along side each other. Did you simply wait for the heat indicating light to go green between shots or longer ? I have clearly seen differences visually at different settings.

31 minutes ago, Pig said:

Interesting Rob, I have not used the Quark for imaging and it is good to see the different images along side each other. Did you simply wait for the heat indicating light to go green between shots or longer ? I have clearly seen differences visually at different settings.

I gave it 10 mins between each imaging run, it was taking around 7 mins to go green again.

It wasn't a planned exercise, but I can now rule out certain positions but will return to testing +1C to +2 Ac in better conditions and do a better job with exposure & processing.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Alexandra did an in depth exercise on this if you want a comparison.

Dave

Hi Davey,

I remember Alexandra's post very well - one of the reasons I wanted to get a Quark actually.

I have a long way to go to get close to the quality of her images, but thats the fun part.

Archived