SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASI 034MC Colour Webcam For Guiding?

Hi,

This summer I am planning on upgrading to Auto-Guiding for my 130P-DS on EQ5. I am using a Skywatcher 50mm Finder as Guidescope to keep weight down. Will the colour version of the ASI 034 work ok with this setup, or will I have to get the monochrome one? I still enjoy doing some planetary imaging, and the ASI cam has a smaller sensor giving me decent zoom for the first time; it would be cool if I could get the pictures in colour.

John

I use an Orion 50mm Guide scope with an ASI185MC for guiding as I also wanted an ASI cam for planetary imaging. I used to use a Phillips Toucam for guiding ... never had any issue with either of them ;)

Is the sensitivity argument about finding a star or having better guiding once the star is acquired ? The orion guide scope is open at f/3.2, I've always been able to get a star in the FOV of my guidescope.

Archived