Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Game pad eqmod callabration

solarboy

Hi guys

Tried setting up a 360 game pad for operating  eqmod downloaded the drivers that went ok and then I watched

Chris's video on callabrating the game pad got the game pad box open and it was blank there was no numbers as on

Chris's video so I'm not sure how he got the  numbers settings  in the boxies 

I have looked on YouTube and there nothing there to tell me where to plug in the usb and how to set all the boxies when I viewed Chris's video all the settings were there so what im saying 

what happened  previous to get all the setting into all the boxies

also on Chris's video there 2 small tick boxies on my version there 4 tick boxies

the game pad light flashes green but that's all it does 

hope this all makes sense I will post a photo later 

solarboy

20170516_144844.jpg

20170516_144853.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some gamepad issues myself mostly I've found that they're Windows problems rather than EQMod. 

Check with windows os game controllers monitor that your Xbox controller is actually feeding through button presses etc, then make sure eqmod is seeing them using the eqmod gamepad monitor. Then make sure the gamepad support enable checkbox is ticked. Some gamepad dpads signal eqmod as the joystick. 

It looks to me from that the gamepad isn't feeding to eqmod. I may be wrong. Try not worrying about the joystick and assigning a button. Does it assign? If not it's not feeding the info through. If it does try clicking the start calibration for the joystick. That is when the program figures out what signals the joystick sends. Also -- sometimes they're flaky for no apparent reason, so I often try a restart of the software, and then the machine if that doesn't help.

Personally on a 360 controller I prefer the D-pad  for mount control so I turn off the joystick and I don't have to worry about the calibration. I just adding the POV buttons to the slew movement (the N S E W bit in the left column of your screen grab).

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎29 at 14:06, solarboy said:

Hi guys

Thanks for all the advice now working fine

Solarboy

...aaaaaaaaaaand what did you do to make it work fine? Why not tell us this little secret???

Archived