NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

i need help finding some stuff

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did look into sourcing these, SteveL really likes his, but the UK distributer wasn't exactly forthcoming. Despite my best efforts I couldn't convince them that the astro market was worthy :)

If anyone can point us to a good alternative we'll source them then offer them here at a reduced introductory price for SGL members 8)

I also have the Energizer - it's fantastic. This is the one I have, but there's another one here which I haven't tried, but it also looks good.

EDIT: The more expensive one I HAVE actually tried - DON'T get it! You have to toggle through the white lights before you get to the red ones, by which time your night vision will be screwed! The former one has a much more sensible switch - it is off in central position, click it to one side and you get red, the other white. It's not long after you start using it before you know by heart which is red and which white.

Andrew

Hi Kelly,

I've spent a lot of time outdoors and used torches to light my way of mountains and climbs in the dark, no harder test of a lamp in the very cold, I would highly recommend the Petzl Tikka. You can get extra filter's (red and green) to replace the standard clear one that comes with it.

Blacks or Millets on the high street will do the torch and should do the filters.

Neil

Hi Kelly

Not so keen on Maplins myself unless dealing in straight cash, I don't like their insistence on asking for details they should not have any need for, nor any right to ask for them anway I digress

For the case try Photographic Shops, and as daft as it may sound my local B&Q do some pretty sturdy cases, some have the foam already in them, some have adjustable sections, and some just plain aliminium cases and fairly cheap to

pete

Sorry, just got back from a wedding up in Stockton-on-Tees for the weekend.

I have the Tak Tikka Plus, which sady I cant seem to find online anymore. If anyone can find it, please post a link here!

It has white LEDs, but with a flip down red cover, and has three brightness levels, plus flashing. The white LEDs are actually very useful when setting up and packing up, so dont ignore them!

Quite annoyed that Petzel UK didnt care about this.

I've 2x sets like the ones Andrew described, they are great!!! But you do have to remember which way to switch for Red !! Left I think? Easy to mod though, so 1x set is "as is" and the 2nd had the front lens detached from the rear then a small piece of dark red cellophane/gel added in front of the LED's then put back together. Perhaps a bit OTT but safer especially with my memory !!

Karlo

Archived