NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New toy arriving soon - Start testing...

Got one of these arriving in the next few weeks...

Excited...you bet ya..

http://www.prosilica.com/products/gc1380h.html

Firewire version - mono

285 chipset, 20FPS..(30 on GigE). comes with imaging software, camera control software and a nice SDK to play with

285 at that speed for Solar/Lunar will be full disc shots in next to no time..., and planets at F40 as and when..

Will pass on my findings when it arrives.

Oh...and those chaps at Microsoft just gave me (yes...gave, along with 8 workmates) one of these...

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

That running Worldwide Telescope (WPF), should be a bit of fun.. though unboxing the bugga and getting it home...I may have to call TJ and his truck

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/20/first-microsoft-surface-shipped-international-unboxed/

Got one of these arriving in the next few weeks...

http://www.prosilica.com/products/gc1380h.html

Oh...and those chaps at Microsoft just gave me (yes...gave, along with 8 workmates) one of these...

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

:shock: Good grief Nick - have those nice boys ever read some of thoughts on Vista ? :)

As for the camera- Yowser ! Is this the same one you found a few days ago ?

Pretty neat !!

Karlo

I doubt the Lum is redundant... :)

Price on the cam is £1800 which is about the same as the H9 I think. They don't have a cooled model (yet!... :( )

Very interesting stuff this machine imaging/scientific end..

Don't know the dragonfly 2 camera at all..

I still think the DMK's are great...seriously, very very very good!

I have seen one camera even faster than this though, and some of the research ones can do 100FPS..

Even with the weather i;m having, I think I could get 1000 frames on that...

Mike

I sold an entire recording studio to pay for it, and most of it was bought second hand...or shipped in...you really don't want to know what I paid for some of it (e.g. not a lot!)

example...the AR6 - £150, the PST £200 ish, the Skynyx...don't even ask..., the ART285 - £600. I have seen C11's go for £600..my ED80 was sub £200, the ST80 - £80, the ST102 - £110... some people have mounts which cost more than my entire setup.. much more

It's my hobby...I have a Rubbish car...which cost me £600 5 years ago...most of my money goes on my daughter (kids are dang expensive!), and any spare on this kit..

Well I for one can't wait to see what you manage to produce with the cam, top notch at a guess ! As for your kit Nick- I probably wouldn't know what to do with most of it...... I'm such a noob !

Good luck to yer mate, I love your work .

That Surface- hell that's gonna leave a mark, any other manufacturers eg AppleMac got anything like that in the pipeline ?

Karlo

Nick,

Sorry, I did not mean to offend. I was only joking.

Please accept my apologies.

Mike

Crikey Mike...absolutely no offence at all mate, not one bit...

My whole take on this hobby is to hopefully show that with limited resources, especially in deep sky, great results can be achieved.

I laugh about my frugality and my car is a total heap...no worries at all...

Well I for one can't wait to see what you manage to produce with the cam, top notch at a guess ! As for your kit Nick- I probably wouldn't know what to do with most of it...... I'm such a noob !

Good luck to yer mate, I love your work .

That Surface- hell that's gonna leave a mark, any other manufacturers eg AppleMac got anything like that in the pipeline ?

Karlo

Thanks Karlo

Well at 125KG it's gonna leave a mark on my carpet...

My daughter's going to "beta test it" though...

We're looking at some ideas for it, and education is a key one.

Looking forward to its First Light Nick :)

Will keep you posted Steve...

If it does what it claims to do, and someone can write a decent capture application for it (it's a bit fiddly from what I have seen), and can peltier/fan cool it for the same money, then it's an instant no brainer purchase AFAI'm concerned

The ultimate combination camera.. one stop purchase for a lot of use cases. The 314L is great on the Sun for full disc, and obviously works superbly on deep sky (as does the H9...same chip...)...

That power/sensitivity and quality at 30FPS...no brainer...total no brainer...unless someone can tell me why not..

Archived