SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first DSO this year...

MrEd

Actually this was just a test of my pier and new

set up.

Captured with Orion Starshoot on an LX90 8"SCT @f5.

Guided with an Antares Sentinel and a DMK21 with PHD.

30 x 20 secs (short subs because of terrible seeing).

Its the first shot in a while due to my solar system work.

So i hope you DSO gurus don't mind a planetary guy jumping in this section

now and again.

Cheers

Ed

post-13657-133877345505_thumb.jpg

That's nice Ed!!

You are most welcome to 'post' your DSO images in here, as I'm sure you won't mind if I 'fire up' my LPI or SPC900NC and capture a planet at sometime, then come over and 'post' the picture in the planetary section. :)

Dave

The dark side lol planetary 5 minutes set up half hour of data wham bam finished and time for a cuppa. :(

The dark side lots of swearing hours of setting up then kick the tripod but not for much longer getting an obsy set up so things will be easier, acquire target set exposures watch a DVD have a scotch and snooze then bed and process at leisure. :)

Very good! Well, you've done better than I have: I got back into my first imaging of any sort earlier this month. Nice work!

If you will permit me - I could see a lot more in your M15 than the way you presented it, just by pulling up the curves and a bit of other tweaking (shifting black point, reducing star size). Probably things you don't have to do when working with planets. Hope you don't mind my little play with your image...

post-14835-133877345726_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete

I do not mind you having a play at all, It has bought out

allot of data.

I saw the background stars when i stretched the cures too.

The problem is with M15 is that the core is so dense it burns out easy,

that's why i posted the slightly dimmer shot.

Thanks all of you for being so kind,I wont give up the solar system i just

thought i would dabble in the 'Dark side' until some of the locals in our solar system become more favourable and to prove how versatile the DMK is.

Ed

I agree Ed, M15 is notorious for its high density, resulting in so many images you see suffering from core burn-out. Indeed, even after the stretching, I reckon your version is less burnt-out than the example image on the SEDS page - and, indeed, than my attempt of last year!

For a couple of splendid globs where core burn-out is not an issue, I'd go for M4 and M22. But alas! both of these are difficult to get at even from the best of our British skies (I - ahem - have a bit of an advantage there!). And probably too late this year, in any case...

Archived