Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
trevboyd

M57 Friday August 22

Yet another M57, I'm afraid! :(

Canon 350d, C8-N, EQ5 Synscan

32 x 25s @ ISO-800

Focus looks a little soft despite using my new Hartmann mask - not quite there yet! :)

7877_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

7878_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Trev

Good one, Trev - funnily enough I took a similar test shot of this object in wide-field last night to demonstrate to some visitors my method of 'object acquisition' but I got my focus terribly wrong! Not so yours, nicely focussed.

Great stuff Trev! you got the centre star too!! :)

Nice one Trev, I'd be very surprised if you could get the focus sharper than that on the 350D, the very fact that you have captured the central star (as well as the other middle stars) indicates that, does anybody else agree?

I have found that middle star to be REALLY hard to get nice and crisp, and I reckon you've done that one justice!

Good going! You just need to get your camera modded now and that blue ring will instantly enlarge and show off all it's glory of redness. There's a massive difference on this target with a modded camera, I can show you if you like!

Cheers

TJ

Thats a fine capture Trev and as others have pointed the central star can be clearly seen so the focus is pretty good.

Regards

Kevin