Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Carina Nebula with C8i and Sony a5000

Aussie Dave

I've only just got in to DSO photography recently with this being my second attempt at the Carina neb on the 24th March. I didn't need to do much with this at all in the final stacked image apart from some level adjustment and slight colour correction. I'm very pleased with this even with it's faults.

Taken with the Sony a5000 and C8i SCT. 4 x 15 seconds, 9 x 8 seconds, ISO 6400. Each of the 13 light frames has a dark frame added from the camera. Aligned and stacked in DeepSkyStacker, final edit in PaintDotNet. I wasn't sure on the colour so I just guestimated. I did a quick search for images online in mid editing but the results shown were all using filters of some sort or another.

58dab9721e833_CarinaNebulaC8iSonya5000AstrophotographyWesternAustralia.png.ea092f41ff7a6f70f1e3acdaf8776172.png

• 4 weeks later...

A remarkably good result given the very short exposure times! Don't see many images with this camera! The colour balance is very blue I would say. As an emission nebula mixed with a bit of reflection, I would expect the overall look to be mostly red/pink in natural colour.

Archived