Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is anyone paying attention to R Leonis these days? Data in the AAVSO site indicates it is about mag 9 and around midway through the raising phase. With a raising time of about 4 1/2 months, I recon that we may have a chance of observing the maximum in about two months, or mid May.

In my case (at latitude 59.4) that would be more or less at our "light limit" after which we will not have any real darkness until August, so I understand that I will possibly miss the maximum. Nevertheless, the prospect of getting some better weather during the spring and observing the star increasing its magnitude is in itself a gladdening thought. That would definitely bring some joy to me since we had a dismal cloudy winter here.

Look at the charts below, R Leonis is very easy to find and will surely be fun to follow.

Cheers!

screenshot.png.6472627c77434d0429199628d6821ffc.png

screenshot.png.316ffcd3bafdca8ddffd6b4fb085e87c.png

Archived