SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads up " Map of the Universe"

Timebandit

BBC Four Tuesday evening at 8pm

A programme in which it is seen to find out how big our universe is. And an attempt to map the universe.                                                    

I hope you enjoy☺

I had lots of clouds coming over. I think there were clear spells, but every time I went out half the sky seemed to be clouded.

Probably I could have started running a model for the 130 with the 0.75 reducer, but not sure it would have tried looking through cloud. I did manage to get it reasonably balanced, and got focus on the Meg 90 with 0.79 reducer and ASI 1600.

Absolute great programme in my opinion. If you missed this then I do highly recommend having  a look on the above iPlayer link kindly supplied by Mognet.

If you are interested in the observable universe , un observable universe, dark energy, the extent of the Universe(which the thought is its infinite) and possible multiple universes. Its a mind boggling and mind blowing thoughts of some very interesting person's and how they arrived at their thoughts on the Map of the Universe

Great and well worth an hour of your time☺ .

5 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I had lots of clouds coming over. I think there were clear spells, but every time I went out half the sky seemed to be clouded.

Probably I could have started running a model for the 130 with the 0.75 reducer, but not sure it would have tried looking through cloud. I did manage to get it reasonably balanced, and got focus on the Meg 90 with 0.79 reducer and ASI 1600.

I think I was lucky looking on the satellite weather the cloud missed me until about 2am, you must have been on the edge of it, shame as humidity was quite low and sky fairly good.

Even managed to catch comet 41p/TGK with the 10"SCT.

Dave

Archived