Equipment for starting imaging

Aspic

Hi, finally decided to sing up, been lurking around here from time to time to find lots of useful information, now I could use some advice.

So far I've been doing visual astronomy for about 2 years, but now I'm looking to get into imaging. I'm mainly interested in imaging DSOs.

I have skywatcher 200p on a dob mount, so my first idea was to buy an equatorial mount for it. From the research I've done, the good choice for 200p would be NEQ-6 which is actually at the edge of my budged.

Perhaps there's a better option for my budged - something like 130p reflector and heq3 mount? or perhaps some refractor and a mount? What would be best suited for a novice in AP? 

For the camera I have fujifilm xt10, which I already used to take few good moon shoots with my 200p

Thanks!

Buy Steve Richard's very excellent book as Jules suggest, then decide what sort of DSO's do you want to image, bearing in mind nebula, (some) planetary nebula and galaxies require different focal lengths, which will be a major factor in the size of mount and OTA you will choose.

I'm yet not sure on what types of DSO's I want to image most, so it would be good if the setup could handle different kinds at acceptable level. I'm sure my own skill will be a limitation for a while! Thanks for the book recommendation, going to check it out.

Almost no second hand market where I live, so brand new it is. My budged is no more than 1500 eur.

Archived