SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crab spiced up with POSS2

gorann

Here is the crab nebula with my RGB data from two nights ago. That was a night that allowed 1.5 hours of data before the moon and mist sent me to bed. To this I added monochrome data (red filtered) from a glass plate taken during the 1990ties Palomar Observatory Sky Survey (put in as luminosity). So, a mix spanning about 20 years. My data was taken with a 5 " ES apo and Canon 60Da (15 x 6 min, ISO1600 naturally chilled by the ambient -7°C). All done in PS CS5. For anyone interested in spicing up their RGB data, POSS2 data can be downloaded from:

http://archive.stsci.edu/cgi-bin/dss_form

Here is first the final product with a zoom in showing some detail. I also post my RGB (I am sure I could do better with more time and less mist) and the POSS2 data.

Comments most welcome.

IMG_2405-20Crab PS9+POSS2redPS7sign.jpg

IMG_2405-20Crab PS9+POSS2redPS7Crop.jpg

IMG_2405-20Crab PS9sign.jpg

POSS2 M1 Crab red rotated.jpg

After looking at other crabs on the net, I realized that I could probably also try some more deconvolution and sharpening on this one, so here is a sharper version.

Comments and suggestions of course welcome!

IMG_2405-20Crab PS9+POSS2redPS7UnshMask1cropSign.jpg

Archived