Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

wavydavy

M1 Crab nebula at 1960mm FL.

Hi there, starting to get somewhere with my C11 HD Edge. On the 22nd got this one of M1 Crab nebula, in h-alpha. Used the 0.7 focal reducer, bring the FL to 1960mm. The camera was an Atik 314L+ mono. The filter was a baarder 7nm. The mount was a Ioptron CEM120, guided off axis with PHD2.

M1 H Alpha (22-10-20)..jpg

• Like 26

nice guiding! and data 

even jealous! :)

Edited by RolandKol
  • Like 1

Yeah I saw that on my data, should maybe of marked the pulsar, but didnt in the end.  was having a slight dew issue forming on the corrector in the end, so was lucky to get what I did...........

• Like 1

Thats the second person thats mensioned mt palomar (diff site). Thanks for the link.........

Posted (edited)

Thats a great image, especially at that focal length.

Guiding / tracking must have been excellent.

Where did you take this from and what were the sky conditions like?

Edited by JayStar

On 02/01/2021 at 19:34, JayStar said:

Thats a great image, especially at that focal length.

Guiding / tracking must have been excellent.

Where did you take this from and what were the sky conditions like?

I took the image near rochester in kent. The sky was ok at the time, think there was some moon glow though. Its much harder at longer focal length than im use to, moe scrapped images then keepers! Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wavydavy
      Originally brought for my C11 HD Edge, which its made for, but if used with filter wheel, OAG, and 0.7 focal reducer the spacing is to far out, hence the reluctant sale of this A+ Condition, unused (other than to see if it worked) focuser. The price includes special delivery. Bank transfer, paypal is ok, or cash/collect...ect... The price is £200. This would be great for planetary imaging, imaging without using an OAG, bringing the travel closer. Thanks for looking.

• By matthasboldlygone
      First night - missed the target and took lots of images of some nearby stars
      Second night - 35 x 2 min
      Third night - 60 x 2 min
      I've tried stacking the two nights separately and all together to give a total of 3 hours, but the stacked images all turn out roughly same. Think I must be limited somewhere else and the extra data isn't being captured. The best of the batch was a very quick process of night 3, 2 hours. I was happy to see the bubble shape and a bit of cloudy bits 👍

Bresser AR 102/600 - Bresser HD camera - Stacked in Siril, simple process in Pixinsight
    • By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      compared to four days ago, the solar disc and the prominences looked a bit more interestingly varied. I could do a sketch during the lunch break:

Telescope: Lunt LS50THaB600PT
      Eyepiece: Celestron X-cel 10mm
      Date & Time: May 19th, 2020 / 1300-1330 CEST
      Technique: red and orange Koh-i-Noor pastels and pastel pens on grey Canson Mi-Teintes pastel paper
      Size: 24 x 32 cm
      Clear (and sunny) skies!
      Achim

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      after weeks of cloudy weather especially during the weekends, I got an opportunity to have a look at our home star and do a pastel sketch of the H alpha sun with some solar prominences and a group of sun spots.

Telescope: Lunt LS50THaB600PT
      Eyepiece: Celestron X-Cel 10mm
      Date & Time: January 26th, 2020 / 1300-1340 CET
      Technique: reddish Koh-i-Noor Toison d'Or pastels and pastel pens on white Hahnemühle mould-made pastel paper
      Size: 24 x 31 cm
      Clear and sunny skies!
      Achim
    • By MimasDeathStar
      I heard the sun wasn't very active at the moment. Is it still active when you look through H-Alpha? (I don't really understand the difference!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.