Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

starry night

jed

Having had my starry night enthusiast 5 for a few weeks now (amazon sorry steve)

i find it a fascinating and very usefull tool esp on these cloudy nights since i got my scope :lol:

It also helps me visualise my position in this place we call space,i had very humbleling drive home the other afternoon

when i had the sun setting over my right shoulder and the moon rising to my left and in my minds eye i could see the very bigger picture,awesome :shock:

but i was wondering what your favorite thing to do with it when your just playing or showing it off

to friend's say, or not-so enthusiastic spouse's

And also is there a date that gives planetary alignment like in "2001 a space odyssey"?

jed

One of the cool things you can do is create movies (quicktime) of events, like the annular ecplise. You can zoom right into the Sun, watch the moon eat it's way through and back out again. Try it for March for the full ecplise! :lol:

I love it to bits

in fact I must say that the latest member listed on this forum ( Galicstorm7)showed starry night off using a projector the other week at our AS night for the public We were all amazed at time the things it could us such as the occultation Moon and Mars which no-one was able to see in real time because of bad weather

yeah very good program indeed

Perhaps I could get Alan to shed more light on that night if he reads this post he may drop in on this and offer his oppinion

Archived