NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3d printed finderscope extender

glowingturnip

Just thought I'd share my design for a finderscope extender for any folks out there into 3D printing:

IMG_20161229_175905.jpg

IMG_20161229_175927.jpg

I built this because I was finding that particularly at certain angles (pointing straight up for example), there was not enough room between telescope and finderscope to be able to get my eye to it properly, and an inch or two taller helps a lot.

Also since I'm into astrophotography and have a guidescope mounted on top of my main scope which peers through between the focuser tube and the finderscope, that putting in a 15 degree tilt to the extender gives the guidescope a lot more viewing room.

If you want to print your own, be my guest !  thingiverse link

solar finder - that's an idea...  mind you, probably have to make it with ABS, no-one wants a melty finder do they.

Can't remember the exact measurements, but i made the inside diameter of the holes a fraction of a millimetre smaller than the outside diameter, and the screws (M4) do a pretty good job of tapping themselves 

Archived