NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Persied through the clouds

Hi Kev

Lucky you 100% obscured down here...

Y'know i really like this shot the clouds just add something.

I also think it kind of sums up this summers imaging.

Well done mate

Ed

Thanks Ed yes the clouds do add something to it. It was quite a weird night as there was a thunderstorm to my south and the cloud associated with it was back lit by the Moon and then added to by the lightening. The storm seemed to skirt my village for ages but never came directly over head.

7673_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

that cloud looks freaky mate, defo a keeper that is.

I was taking 30s exposures repeatedly at ISO800 and the moment a meteor passed I terminated the exposure. The first capture was 16 secs long the clouds were moving quite fast so they blur. The meteor is only a fleeting thing but gets picked up if the ISO setting is high enough. Its a fine balance between too much noise and not enough sensitivity.

Here's a second shot this one was dimmer I have removed the LP and applied curves in PSCS3 and removed noise with Noels Actions. Its a bit hard to see at first but its towards the top middle of the screen with Perseus being in the lower left corner

7672_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Nice shots Kevin. I too managed a short view just before midnight between clouds. I saw one directly going from Perseus towards the Plough and 3 peripherally. But the best display was the lightning storm - 7 huge flashes over the period of 15 minutes :clouds1: but what was eerie was that there was no thunder! had to go in when I started to get wet :hello2:

Helen

Archived