Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 Issues (Now Resolved)

I wouldn't go near it with a hammer! 

I used to have an EQ5, from what I remember the slow-mo knobs just push fit onto the little brass axles as you say. They have a flat on them that aligns with the shape of the hole on the knob.

For large scale moving you loosen the clutches and swing the scope around the sky, then tighten up the clutches and the slow motion controls are then used for fine adjustment and tracking your object.

No they do not hammer on each brass shaft has a flat on it like a "D" shape this corresponds to the "D" brass clip that is inside the plastic knob just make sure their alighned and they will push on.

Some slo mo's have a grub screw that tightens up against the flat section to keep them from slipping round. The screw also prevents them being pulled off the end cos they're inside the lip of the bar. Check if that's the type you have. :)

Hi,

Thanks for all the answers and advice + in such a short time, folks.

I realized what the problem was; there are two brass sticks per axis, one is larger than the other. The smaller one is for the knobs, the larger one is, I believe, for the Motors. I wanted to stick with the originals because I should be able to leave them on at the same time as using the motor drives, which are on their way right now. (Although I did attempt to attach one of the long slo-mo cables from the EQ2, and the screw head sheared, resulting in some tug of war with the new £260 mount.....:shocked:

John

Archived