Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Liverpool :-)

Nathan UK

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nathan,

I'm also from Liverpool and fairly new to astronomy. I found going to the world museum on William Brown Street very useful. They have a 'the night sky' talk on the top floor in the planetarium, lasts around 10 minutes, good for familiarising yourself with the constellations you'll see that night. 

And the best thing is. It's completely free and have readily available star maps for you to take home.

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to SGL, I'm also from Liverpool.

If you can, why don't you pop along to Liverpool Astronomical Society at Pex Hill Observatory, Widnes.  The observatory is open to the public on a Wednesday evening from 7.00pm until 9.00pm.

There are a number of friendly members who should be able to assist you and answer any questions you have.

Have a look at there web site.

Regards 

Doug

28 minutes ago, Doug64 said:

Hi Nathan,

If you can, why don't you pop along to Liverpool Astronomical Society at Pex Hill Observatory, Widnes.  The observatory is open to the public on a Wednesday evening from 7.00pm until 9.00pm.

There are a number of friendly members who should be able to assist you and answer any questions you have.

Regards 

Doug

I might just do that thanks Doug, 

i will have a look on there website mate ,

I guess your a member yourself

55 minutes ago, whitelines said:

Hi Nathan,

I'm also from Liverpool and fairly new to astronomy. I found going to the world museum on William Brown Street very useful. They have a 'the night sky' talk on the top floor in the planetarium, lasts around 10 minutes, good for familiarising yourself with the constellations you'll see that night. 

And the best thing is. It's completely free and have readily available star maps for you to take home.

Thanks mate sounds very interesting, 

i might pop along there sometime...

although I use sky map so I would let them keep the star maps instead of me wasting paper and resources but the night sky talk sounds good

42 minutes ago, Doug64 said:

Hi Nathan,

Regards 

Doug

I've been meaning to come along to this for a while now, going to make an effort once my shifts free up my Wednesday's. Already have the sidewalk event at court hey Park on Friday 13th penciled into my calendar.

Looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, whitelines said:

I've been meaning to come along to this for a while now, going to make an effort once my shifts free up my Wednesday's. Already have the sidewalk event at court hey Park on Friday 13th penciled into my calendar.

Looking forward to it.

What's the sidewalk event??

im not far from court hey park I'm in Huyton myself

24 minutes ago, Nathan UK said:

What's the sidewalk event??

im not far from court hey park I'm in Huyton myself

From the website http://liverpoolas.org/event/sidewalk-event-court-hey-park-friday-13th-january-2017/

"Members of the Liverpool Astronomical Society, (founded in 1881), will display several telescopes for viewing the night sky if clear. There will also be an illustrated talk on astronomy.

This event is free, and is open to all members of the public.
For more information contact:-
Court Hey Visitors Centre – 0151 443 3682
Liverpool Astronomical Society: Mr. David Galvin, Observatory Director via contact form here"

1 minute ago, whitelines said:

From the website http://liverpoolas.org/event/sidewalk-event-court-hey-park-friday-13th-january-2017/

"Members of the Liverpool Astronomical Society, (founded in 1881), will display several telescopes for viewing the night sky if clear. There will also be an illustrated talk on astronomy.

This event is free, and is open to all members of the public.
For more information contact:-
Court Hey Visitors Centre – 0151 443 3682
Liverpool Astronomical Society: Mr. David Galvin, Observatory Director via contact form here"

Think I may see u there buddy

9 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Good to see the Liverpool/Merseyside contingent growing, fellas!  I attended a Liverpool Astro Soc talk and demo a year ago - it was very good!

Doug.

Oh ye where are you from doug? And I'm quite looking forward to attending 

28 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Nathan - I moved north to Southport.  There's a great old 'scope in a park near here, but presently out of use.

Doug.

That's a shame that you would think they would fix it...

quick enough taking council tax!!!

Hi,

I'm from Childwall and have been a member of LAS for 12 months having joined after going to the sidewalk event at Bowring Park.  I'll be there again this month.

We regularly have 20 plus members at PexHill on  Wednesday to offer advice and we also have the observatory scope.

Most months there is a monthly meeting in Liverpool where members from all over the region come and we usually have speakers.

If you join LAS we also have a members night on a Friday from 7pm.

Doug

3 hours ago, Doug64 said:

Hi,

I'm from Childwall and have been a member of LAS for 12 months having joined after going to the sidewalk event at Bowring Park.  I'll be there again this month.

We regularly have 20 plus members at PexHill on  Wednesday to offer advice and we also have the observatory scope.

Most months there is a monthly meeting in Liverpool where members from all over the region come and we usually have speakers.

If you join LAS we also have a members night on a Friday from 7pm.

Doug

Thanks for the information on the LAS mate. 

Ive had it on my mind to join a club or something.

will attend on the 13th n go from there.

im from oldswan originally myself but live in Huyton now

• 1 month later...

Archived