NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horsehead and Flame 130P-DS DSLR

richyrich_one

3 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

I like - for me seeing brown is not an issue and may show could tonal recognition. Are they artificial spikes?  I assume so, I would lose them if possible as it distracts the eye a little.

Paddy

Unfortunately they aren't artificially added, that's Alnitak for you!

I need to do some work on taming it in processing.

Congratulations to a great image Rich!

You got some great detail in your data, particularly the flame looks very detailed. I have to agree that the spikes are distracting but probably not that easy to get rid of (you may have to resort to the clone-stamp tool in PS). Looking closely it looks like you have done something to your small stars that left them with dark rings around them (an artifact of star shrinking or over-sharpening?) - but that is only apparent if zooming in -  a bad habit of mine. I do not mind brown dust but on my monitor it looks like your dust have a tint of green that you may want to suppress.

6 hours ago, gorann said:

Congratulations to a great image Rich!

You got some great detail in your data, particularly the flame looks very detailed. I have to agree that the spikes are distracting but probably not that easy to get rid of (you may have to resort to the clone-stamp tool in PS). Looking closely it looks like you have done something to your small stars that left them with dark rings around them (an artifact of star shrinking or over-sharpening?) - but that is only apparent if zooming in -  a bad habit of mine. I do not mind brown dust but on my monitor it looks like your dust have a tint of green that you may want to suppress.

Thanks for the observations, all gratefully received.

Reprocessed image posted.

Archived