Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New additions to the Astro library

Knighty2112

A couple of new additions to my Astro library arrived over the last few days. The Cambridge Double Star Atlas & Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas. The later cost me nothing really as I had a £100 Amazon voucher to spend, so half of the value of the voucher went on that (the other half is going on a new 9x50 RACI finder), so extremely chuffed about that! :) 

Looking to start observing more double stars soon, hence the double star atlas. Also to give me an idea of things that I could see with my current scopes Interstellarum is a great visual guide to see some deep sky objects, and already have some things noted down to look for when this yucky fog/mist over the last few nights goes away so I can actually do some observing again.

I've attached a few images from each book for anyone who might be interested in buying one of the books for comparison.

IMG_1931.JPGDouble Star Atlas

FullSizeRender 2.jpg Interstellarum

IMG_1935.JPG

Above - Double Star Atlas

FullSizeRender.jpg Interstellarum

IMG_1927.JPG

11 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Both are firm favourites with me.  Interstellarum has transformed my deep sky observing; it's an outstanding piece of work and so intuitive.  Enjoy them!

Thanks. Hoping it can do the same for me too to give me a better idea of what I'll see. Cheers! :) 

Archived