Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Geoptik Nadira Observing Chair

Alan White

Interesting update Alan. I still use my Nadira chair for all my observing, haven’t had the damp expansion problem (yet!) but mine is stored in a dry garage. I have added a layer of foam to the seat to make it a bit more comfy for long sessions. Stability has been fine, even on grass, but there was an occasion where I hadn’t slotted the seat in properly and I crashed to the ground when I sat on it - fortunately it was on the lowest setting as I was viewing near the zenith, so I only had a few inches to fall. I am now super careful when slotting in the seat! 

• Like 1

Just now, RobertI said:

Interesting update Alan. I still use my Nadira chair for all my observing, haven’t had the damp expansion problem (yet!) but mine is stored in a dry garage. I have added a layer of foam to the seat to make it a bit more comfy for long sessions. Stability has been fine, even on grass, but there was an occasion where I hadn’t slotted the seat in properly and I crashed to the ground when I sat on it - fortunately it was on the lowest setting as I was viewing near the zenith, so I only had a few inches to fall. I am now super careful when slotting in the seat! 

I didn’t have the issue with the first seat, but the fit was slightly slacker, this one has always been tighter from the start, but it worked until put in the Astro Shed, which although dry is at ambient temperature and humidity.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

And one final update from me.
The seat was working fine, then I hurt my back again, but I have slipped disc things going on,
the seat was pressing on my damaged spot too much, so I have sold No2 seat as I could not sit on it without pain.
That's not the seat, that's my back.

I have gone back for now to a padded stool.