Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mesu Mount problems- jumping in RA

Zakalwe

4 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Thanks Sara.  So does upgrading to the latest Sitech software automatically upgrade the firmware too?  On the site you can download the Firmware separately as a .bin file (whatever that is).

No.

The file is a replacement for the SiTech.exe. Go to your SiTech folder and copy the file into it. COnfirm that you want to overwrite the existing file. 

To upgrade the firmware you have to use the SiTech configuration tool.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zakalwe said:

No.

The file is a replacement for the SiTech.exe. Go to your SiTech folder and copy the file into it. COnfirm that you want to overwrite the existing file. 

To upgrade the firmware you have to use the SiTech configuration tool.

Thanks Stephen.  I am in the house doing some serious gin drinking - is the SiTech configuration tool part of the SiTech.exe package or a standalone bit of software?

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Thanks Stephen.  I am in the house doing some serious gin drinking - is the SiTech configuration tool part of the SiTech.exe package or a standalone bit of software?

OOOoooo  I do like a nice drop of gin. Ever tried Monkey47?

The configuration tool is ServoConfig. Its what you use when setting the Mesu up:

ServoConfig.jpg

Right...you've put me in the mood for a G+T. Bottoms up!

3 minutes ago, Zakalwe said:

The configuration tool is ServoConfig. Its what you use when setting the Mesu up:

ServoConfig.jpg

OK.  So I click the 'Upgrade Flash Rom' button, correct?  Singlin says that the latest version is 9.4 but there is something called 9.5 on the website.  Or am I getting confused?

Not heard of Monkey47 and have to admit that I was a bit reluctant to click the link for fear that it might be something that might attract opprobrium from @MrsGnomus.  Glad I did though, since I'm now thinking of sending her out to the corner shoppe to pick up a flagon or two.....

Thanks for posting that note Sara.

Having a Mesu mount on order (expect March) I can honestly say I am impressed with the support from both Lucas Mesu and Dan from SiTech. It makes me feel much better knowing they take issues like this seriously and fix them ASAP.

I understand sometimes with tech stuff things can get a bit complicated..especially when its Software/Electro/Mechanical! :hiding:

Glad everything appears to be working good again for everyone.:thumbright:

And can I also say...Compared to my NEQ6 Pro mount...Those graphs you guys are showing make me drool. I cant wait for my new mount to arrive :icon_biggrin:

On 2/2/2017 at 21:39, Zakalwe said:

Zakalwe - I'd like to thank you for introducing me to yet another expensive hobby.

Amazon deliver that stuff - and on a Sunday too.  Isn't the free market just wonderful?  :icon_bounce:

1 minute ago, gnomus said:

Zakalwe - I'd like to thank you for introducing me to yet another expensive hobby.

Amazon deliver that stuff - and on a Sunday too.  Isn't the free market just wonderful?  :icon_bounce:

Good, aren't they (both Amazon and Monkey47)!

You should pop along to this..... https://www.ginfestival.com/events/gin-festival-manchester-2017

Archived