NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

37mp Moon Mosaic 18/11/16

johnfosteruk

Took the 130 reflector out last night to see what the extra aperture would do for me and here's the result. 

Not the best night for it really, poor seeing and only took 50 frames each panel, plus it was baltic out.

The extra aperture seems to be evident by the amount of wavelets adjustment the image will take, approximately triple that of the 102 frac. 

I ran the panes through Registax before stitching in ICE then some fine noise reduction and sharpening in PS.

10 panes of 50 frames at 1/80s ISO 100, cropped aligned in Pipp, 30 frames stacked in AS!2, wavelets in Registax and finished in PS.

Mono

Moon 18-11 37mp info.jpg

100% Crop

Moon 18-11 37mp crop.png

Invert

Moon 18-11 37mp invert.jpg

Hi John nice capture. I was also out this night, not sure what you experienced . But seeing wasn't the usual jet stream here. I am surrounded by houses, and when its freezing weather, all the heating around here pouring out of roofs, causes the image to go in and out of focus. Annoying. Not the most stable image for sure. But didn't seem weather related to me. Though I am not certain ?

9 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

seeing wasn't the usual jet stream here. 

Same here I think Neil. It was very still, the little cloud there was drifting by at a snails pace. But like you I'm surrounded by houses full of people who don't know what a pullover looks like. 

To be honest I don't worry too much about it. I Try my best to get a good view, Take some snaps if it's not terrible and just enjoy the peace and quiet. 

4 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Same here I think Neil. It was very still, the little cloud there was drifting by at a snails pace. But like you I'm surrounded by houses full of people who don't know what a pullover looks like. 

To be honest I don't worry too much about it. I Try my best to get a good view, Take some snaps if it's not terrible and just enjoy the peace and quiet. 

Sounds like a more enjoyable experience than what I had. I was working like a nutter out there. No time to even think. My damn mount is on the blink. The power lead into the NEQ6 keeps cutting out. cut out twice during capturing. will have to start a question thread on it.

I miss the days of relaxing like you mention. Always seems like a million things to get right.

Archived