NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon - Lubiniezky crater in low fidelity

N3ptune

Hello, I was not sure about sharing this sketch at first but the memories of it are great... so I said to myself, there are no evil intentions.  it's always memorable to take a trip on the moon, and I wish to bring back this joyful state of mind. 

I always use the same ES 4.7mm eyepiece with neodymium filter, the view is great most of the time on the moon at 212x. Used 4H, H and HB pencils.

Aaaannd I am going outside now  :happy10: to start a stronger sketch, hopefully if I can because it's almost full moon.

yClb2a1.jpg

=======================

UPDATE:

I am back from the eyepiece now, I had a hard time again sketching the next one.. the conditions were good, not too cold but still it was a serious effort to deliver.. (to get only a result)  The moon was full so everything was pale, not much contrast at all so my sketch is faint itself... (At least I had fun practising something, getting experience points)

It was done using mostly 4h and H pencils with the same newton 8" +- upside down image, 212x

An attempt at the Russel crater and its surrounding.

RgUz3XM.jpg?1

thanks (: I am glad you like the 2 sketches, it gives a boost to try to do better next time. (:

@laudropb

Ah they don't have much contrast, I choose them because I thought they were easy to draw with not too much mountains around. It turns out they were hard to draw anyway... Russel, the white part looking like a wishbone, this is a mountain chain with very low contrast, casting no shadows because of the full moon.

Archived