Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uranus on 31-10-16

Barv

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, si@nite said:

Nicely done Harvey great work, glad to see you,ve  sorted out the thermal issues, it looks like your perserverance is paying off!

Many thanks for your comments Simon. yes things are starting to go better for me now. It's just so annoying that Celestron doesn't admit to the issues with this scope and do something about it! I'm lucky I have sorted it because drilling a huge hole in any scope will render the value useless, - unless things work properly afterwards of course, I'm just thankful it has worked!

I wish in many ways I'd stuck with that C11 Edge HD, - I've now come to realise what a great scope that was for planetary. What needs to be realised of course is that the jump to the 14" results in twice as much glass, and huge thermal issues!

Thanks once again Simon.

Regards

Harvey

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations Harvey. Following the publication of several Jupiter images, one on the front cover of this year's Astronomy Now year book, I see they've also published this fantastic Uranus image. A nice write up as well. :) 

IMG_2299.JPG

Archived