Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 281 - Ha

nightster

This is my first use of an OAG.  Finally looks like I got my long sub guiding issues solved. Still have a few spacing and collimation  tasks to perform. I am pretty happy with where I  am with this looking back when I started 3 years ago.  My processing skills are still lacking and I welcome ideas on how to improve.

Pi Preprocessed, Flats, Darks, Bias. Pi Post: Deconv, Hist stretch, small amount of TGV and a CurvesTrans tweak.

25x600  30x1200 

large.Ha_Pacman_DECONV_TGVNOISE_.png

Thanks for the views and comments. I got the whole batch in the can. A total of 264 subs over 7 nights. Most of them look usable. This is a new situation for me as I'm usually trying to make many fewer subs make the cut, thank you OAG. My next challenge is to learn proper sub selection and how to properly combine them into a narrow tri-band image. I also grabbed a nights worth of RGB to get natural star color. I also need to force myself to learn Photoshop. I've stuck with the almost 'checklist' workflow of Pixinsight because that how my brain works.  I envy the artists that can use the layering, masking and color manipulation of PS and can make their processing decisions based on what the image needs instead of what's next on the list. That seems like a difficult skill to teach oneself.

Archived