Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anyone help me with what this part is called?

It is the part on the left. The one on the Right being a T-Ring for camera mounting.

image1.jpeg

Im looking to purchase a duplicate of this part on the left as its also where the barrel for my Ep holder fits into. So when i want to switch from EP to Camera i have to unscrew the EP barrel then screw the T-ring with a camera attached to it on. 

Hence looking after a 2nd one so i can just unscrew the part in question to switch.

Could it be This? or do i just get a t-mount adapter to do the trick?

Thanks in advance for any help in my quest to spend more money on this hobby.

I got one from the good people at first light optics for the very same purpose. It took a bit of tracking down because there are several similar adapters, not all of which are still supplied. They sent the wrong adapter first time but quickly refunded me and replaced it with the right one. A good clear photo as follows finally identified the beastie for FLO. They found one in a box of old adapters, splendid fellows that they are! 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I got one from the good people at first light optics for the very same purpose. It took a bit of tracking down because there are several similar adapters, not all of which are still supplied. They sent the wrong adapter first time but quickly refunded me and replaced it with the right one. A good clear photo as follows finally identified the beastie for FLO. They found one in a box of old adapters, splendid fellows that they are! 

image.jpeg

Looks like you've got the same scope as i have. Do you mind if i steal your info to track the right part down?

1 hour ago, Danny83uk said:

Looks like you've got the same scope as i have. Do you mind if i steal your info to track the right part down?

Please do.  That's one reason I posted it so you could.  Looking back at the emails between myself and FLO we never actually named the adapter. But it was the picture that identified it in the end. Good luck. I hope you find one. It definitely makes swapping between observing and imaging easier. 

Archived