NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big Scope Little Scope

Size aside, I've  noticed your Interlocking matting!
I have picked up and examined these at Halford's many times over,  yet still undecided as to why I need them?

But there it is, under the scope!
I  feel my away around  in the dark when operating inside my blacked-out  Dob tent,  no lights at all, and there  is the slight possibility something could fall, only now,  to  safely bounce off the matting.  No  dents or  cracked glass.

8 hours ago, Charic said:

I have picked up and examined these at Halford's many times over,  yet still undecided as to why I need them?

I  feel my away around  in the dark when operating inside my blacked-out  Dob tent,  no lights at all, and there  is the slight possibility something could fall, only now,  to  safely bounce off the matting.  No  dents or  cracked glass.

As well as creating a soft landing for your eyepieces the interlocking matting makes a great insulator and helps to stop your feet from freezing. Its also great for use as blackout material for observatory walls and floors. It also makes a great, long lasting infill for your eyepiece case, and is available in many colours. ?

Mike

57150422bbc9c_2016-04-1318.27.07.jpg.86ceb3f3ef5c07592131366e8977550a.jpg

post-41880-0-87309500-1425835465.jpg

38 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

As well as creating a soft landing for your eyepieces the interlocking matting makes a great insulator and helps to stop your feet from freezing. Its also great for use as blackout material for observatory walls and floors. It also makes a great, long lasting infill for your eyepiece case, and is available in many colours. ?

Mike

Great looking observatory interior (and 'scope!). All neat and tidy and orderly. I feel quite ashamed and might have to go and do some primping. Walking into mine is like walking into a garden shed that's managed by my 5 and 6 year olds...

19 hours ago, Charic said:

Yes that matting is legendary, it had so many uses!

Archived