Eastern Veil - Ha - Test of Chroma 3nm Filter

gnomus

Another imaging triumph Steve, when can we expect the whole Viel complex mosaic in colour ? 

Interesting info on the dual rig.

Sounds like we have been having the same thoughts, I was thinking of a dual or even triple WO Star 71 setup, one of the reasons I bought the 10Micron was to hopefully eliminate the added complication of guiding as I already had the dual bar setup, however as you say good Star 71s are somewhat thin on the ground, I've got one that has round stars to the corners of the QSI383 sensor and keep a  look out for S/Hand examples, so still got the plan lurking in the back of my mind, meanwhile setting it up with Star71 + WO110FLT.

Dave

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Davey.  I'm not sure I'm brave enough to dip my toe into the used WO 71 market.  The Skywatcher Esprit 80 is pretty close at 400mm (vs 350mm), and that is something I might consider.  How would your sky model work with a dual rig I wonder?    

The 'bonus-extra' WO 71 data that I've posted has made me think about doing the whole thing as a mosaic.  Not sure I could stretch to 12 hours+ per panel though..... 

6 hours ago, gnomus said:

How would your sky model work with a dual rig I wonder?    

A very good question, the answer to which is I don't know, there is some info in the 10Micron instructions but haven't attempted it yet, still working at getting it all working with one scope ATM :grin:

Dave

Archived