NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Late night lunar

johnfosteruk

I found myself awake at 2am and although there was 50% cloud cover, the beasties were whizzing by at a thousand miles an hour with some good size gaps and the garden was bathed in moonlight so out I went.

Reasonable seeing, captured 200 frames at 1/400s ISO 100.  cropped and aligned in Pipp, stacked 80 in AS!2, played around with registax and finished in Photoshop.

Mono

Moon 17-10 mono.png

Invert

Moon 17-10 invert.png

Colour

Moon 17-10 Colour.png

16 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Good captures John, Some quite fine detail coming out. Processing looks good. Prefer finer type of processing rather than the bold look. More finer craterlets. Nice one

Thanks Neil. I have had a tendency to overcook (you may have noticed!!!) which I put down (at least in part) to the cruddy display on the windows Lappy. I've now installed all the tools on the Mac and things seem to be a little more accurate. Although I may have to get rid of the magenta hue on the colour version. 

Archived