NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gamma Cass and Breaking Wave with free added Pacman...

ollypenrice

The Pacman was just too near to the Gamma Cass-Breaking Wave image we already had to leave it out. I always felt that my previous Pacmans (Pacmen?) popped out of nowhere and this can never be the truth. There have to be faint extensions but, boy, these were devils; here we have 20x30 minutes in 3 nm Ha shot this week for the bottom third of this 3 panel mosaic. Without doubt a further 10 hours would find more but this was like getting blood out of a stone. Of course, now we wonder if, off to the right, the Pacman connects with the Breaking Wave. Arrrggghh! We have in the can all that's needed for a full L Ha RGB version which will follow. Oh, there's a whiff of older 14 inch data for the core of the Pacman too. About 35 hours here, all in.

A joint project with our present guests and Tom O'Donoghue. Click on the image and the big size button should be lower left. I's about a quarter of the full.

Breaking%20Wave%20with%20Pacman%20Ha%20W

Olly

Looks great Olly. I can see Ha on the left side too of the third panel. Very faint, but its there.

By the way Olly you'll want R5 C4, and maybe even R4 C4 in Lum if you re going to keep going :)

Tom.

Just now, Tom OD said:

Looks great Olly. I can see Ha on the left side too of the third panel. Very faint, but its there.

By the way Olly you'll want R5 C4, and maybe even R4 C4 in Lum if you re going to keep going :)

Tom.

Yup, thanks Tom. I have them.

The extensions on the left are certainly there but I think it would need another 10 hours to do a good job of them.

Olly

You do realise that the more you continue to search, the more I'm going to have (demand :):) ) 10 hrs Ha per panel, as I do like symmetry. Ha ha, that'll make it a 500 hour Mosaic.

I say go Olly, go go.

Tom.

Just now, Tom OD said:

You do realise that the more you continue to search, the more I'm going to have (demand :):) ) 10 hrs Ha per panel, as I do like symmetry. Ha ha, that'll make it a 500 hour Mosaic.

I say go Olly, go go.

Tom.

And what I say will be reserved for our private emails!!!!!!!

Oh heck, it never ends. Good fun though.

Olly

4 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

And what I say will be reserved for our private emails!!!!!!!

Oh heck, it never ends. Good fun though.

Olly

Just checking my yahoo account now. Hmm, no sign, it must be in the junk section due to profanities :)

T.

On 05/10/2016 at 18:22, ollypenrice said:

The Pacman was just too near to the Gamma Cass-Breaking Wave image we already had to leave it out. I always felt that my previous Pacmans (Pacmen?) popped out of nowhere and this can never be the truth. There have to be faint extensions but, boy, these were devils; here we have 20x30 minutes in 3 nm Ha shot this week for the bottom third of this 3 panel mosaic. Without doubt a further 10 hours would find more but this was like getting blood out of a stone. Of course, now we wonder if, off to the right, the Pacman connects with the Breaking Wave. Arrrggghh! We have in the can all that's needed for a full L Ha RGB version which will follow. Oh, there's a whiff of older 14 inch data for the core of the Pacman too. About 35 hours here, all in.

A joint project with our present guests and Tom O'Donoghue. Click on the image and the big size button should be lower left. I's about a quarter of the full.

Olly

You're just showing off now :) 

You may have to rename the 'Breaking Wave@ Blinky, Pinky, Inky or Clyde though - looks like a ghost pacman has just defeated.

Seriously though super work nice to see not only the wide field shots but with all that detail impressive indeed.

Paddy 

Archived