Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heq5 woes

Hi

Wondering if someone could throw some light on my little problem,

Standard Heq5 with syncan goto kit installed, polar scope reticule centred (took me about 2 hours) 130pd-s with canon 600d, balanced and 3 star alignment, goto targets it puts them in view just slightly of centre,

my problem is i cannot seem to get longer than 1 minute before trailing starts ?? am currently getting 3 mins with Eq3-2 with just RA motor,

have i missed something or have i done something wrong??

any advice would be really appreciated,

Regards

54 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

How are you doing your polar alignment

just by eyeball through the polar scope, then adjust as needed, it is pier mounted, get the hour angle first from polar finder, your going to tell me there is a better way i can feel it :happy7:

thanks for your reply

Hi JemC, try the polar alignment in synscan.

1. Do a 2-star alignment

2. Do the polar alignment (the menu option after the 3-star alignment)

3. Follow the prompts on the handset.

Repeat steps 1-2-3 until your polar alignment is within 30arcsec in both directions.

Done!

Good luck!

HJ

No idea if you want to invest that much, but the PoleMaster does a great job for PA

You will need guiding as well to get longer subs without trailing. Could use your Logitech webcam for that with a guider scope or Off Axis Guiding

On 02/10/2016 at 21:33, JemC said:

my problem is i cannot seem to get longer than 1 minute before trailing starts

That's about right for a typical ungiuded HEQ5 - the periodic error gets you after that.

NigelM

Archived