Eq3-2 testing

In the early hours of Sunday  (1:30am) i was out doing a little more playing around with the Eq3-2 with Canon 600d attached

took on board the advice given by @wimvb regarding east heavy (not got lp filter yet, also not sure if backlash is an issue at the moment?)
Unfortunatley dew stopped play after a short while (dew heater needed i think for lens)

not sure what this region is, but it was up towards zenith way

4 lights at 180 sec each
iso 400
90mm
used a master dark and bias, run through DSS, adjusted RGB/K levels slightly and increased saturation to 30%
very lightly adjusted levels in PS cc and saved as jpeg

i think i may just be at the limit with this, RA tracking only
I will admit i am pretty impressed with what this mount set up is achieving

sunday - Copy.jpg

Regards

6 hours ago, JemC said:

In the early hours of Sunday  (1:30am) i was out doing a little more playing around with the Eq3-2 with Canon 600d attached

took on board the advice given by @wimvb regarding east heavy (not got lp filter yet, also not sure if backlash is an issue at the moment?)
Unfortunatley dew stopped play after a short while (dew heater needed i think for lens)

not sure what this region is, but it was up towards zenith way

4 lights at 180 sec each
iso 400
90mm
used a master dark and bias, run through DSS, adjusted RGB/K levels slightly and increased saturation to 30%
very lightly adjusted levels in PS cc and saved as jpeg

i think i may just be at the limit with this, RA tracking only
I will admit i am pretty impressed with what this mount set up is achieving

sunday - Copy.jpg

Regards

Shh... don't let on or everyone will want one ;-)

(Happy EQ3-2 user)

Which motors do you have?  I'm getting some for Xmas if my wife takes my constant hints!!  I have 150p on eq3-2 and am liking what you are achieving. I hope to do similar with both my camera on its own and through the scope at prime focus. 

I have a wide field rig based on the eq3-2. Getting 2 min + subs off it.

It tracks well

I have the standard motor from FLO with the enhanced control box with st4 port though not tried guiding with it

It's a great mount for light gear (camera + lens or short fl scope), but I don't use it anymore with my 150P. The main disadvantages of it being the under-engineered (to put it mildly) altitude adjustment, and the lack of bearings in the RA and DEC axes. Polar alignment error used to be all over the place, and it was difficult to balance with the 150P. But with a 135 mm lens, I could get 4 min unguided subs.

So, count me in as a happy user. :headbang: (Or am I not in, because mine has one more motor? :hmh: )

3 hours ago, wimvb said:

It's a great mount for light gear (camera + lens or short fl scope

it's certainly looking that way,

i am actually getting better results with this than i am with the Heq5 synscan goto, at the minute i'm struggling to get more than 1 min with it?

Archived