Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Poor images

Hi guys been out all day with my c11 really struggling to get a sharp image on scope if I focus on objects but can't get sharp image it a bit blurry the scope is collamated and I have great eyepices not sure what problems are Getting dark now will try it with the heavens ?Cheers guys ?

Hi they we're about 2 miles away just came in from out back tried to focus on star it seems to be going to left I think the scope has been bumped and it's off it my need collaminted again don't really know ??

Yes tried ehhos 13 Pentex 5 then went on to my other ep badder 17,,and 21,, celestron 40,, 32,, but still very difficult to get sharp images think will have to start from scratch again and collaminat again ?

Looking horizontally across the ground in daytime will make difficult work of focusing , more heat haze and general atmospheric disruption this way , even low-mag binocular's pick up the problem so the other extreme with a C11 will exaggerate things further , this coupled with inevitable tube currents would explain the problem.

Leave it to cool down properly before starting to tweak things , there will for instance probably be a spike in the defocused star from a plume of warm air from the baffle tube , pointless trying to collimate until it's settled down.

Had it about six months it's been always pretty poor with images maybe am doing something wrong got some great eyepices maybe will have to look at collaminating again but don't want to start case it gets worse ?The joys 

13 minutes ago, Virgo man said:

Had it about six months it's been always pretty poor with images maybe am doing something wrong got some great eyepices maybe will have to look at collaminating again but don't want to start case it gets worse ?The joys 

Hmmnnn........it does sound more likely that it is the collimation that is out, probably since you've owned it. If you follow the instructions in the user manual it should be pretty easy to collimate the secondary mirror at the front with small turns of the three screws after defocusing on a bright star like Vega to get concentric circles showing. The manual states it needs to cool down outside first before this though for at least 45 minutes before you attempt this. Good luck. :)

IMG_0209.PNG

IMG_0210.PNG

Archived