NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

September 12th - H Alpha - All looking rather drab.

paulastro

Out from 7.13 to 7.49 am.  The sun was low of course, and rather murky resulting in poor seeing.    With the large filament now gone, and the filaprom now only a diminishing prominence, it all looked  a bit drab.  I couldn't see any other prominences other than the one that is the remainder of the filaprom, and its' companion to the W of it.  At  least I had the comfort that the current GONG images didn't look any better than mine.  

Single images taken with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 1000 asa. 

P9121584b.jpg   P9121568b.jpg

3 hours ago, David Smith said:

A bit of a case of the "morning after the night before". Still good to get a session in and a record of the days inactivity :happy3:

Your post made me smile David.  I was thinking of writing ' after the Lord Mayors show............'  - but I thought it might fall foul of the moderators.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Good captures despite the drabness. I did spot some bright plage in the eastern part of the disk this afternoon. Maybe it will increase in activity

1 hour ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Good captures despite the drabness. I did spot some bright plage in the eastern part of the disk this afternoon. Maybe it will increase in activity

Many thanks Michael, it's nice to know there might be some new activity heading our way. :smile:

Archived