Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion xti push to dosonian with object finder

Having had my Orion Dobsonian  xti 10"  for a week I only seen m13 and m92  and it was fantastic to see these object. My question is this  I tried to allign to stars vega and Arcturus  but it did not let me find a specific. Target the up and down was ok but when moving left or right the computer never went to   Zero like some info on this and as any body got one and found the computar accurate on star allignment  or  deep space objects thankyou adidaz29

There is something not quite right if the azimuth reading on the handset is not scrolling. When working properly and carefuly set up the system is very accurate. Best to check, if possible, that the encoder disc is turning relative to the fixed part of the encoder and that the leads from the handset are making contact.

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

There is something not quite right if the azimuth reading on the handset is not scrolling. When working properly and carefuly set up the system is very accurate. Best to check, if possible, that the encoder disc is turning relative to the fixed part of the encoder and that the leads from the handset are making contact.

The azimuth does read but it never gets down to zero sometimes it's 36 0r higher  never going lower

Archived