NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

36 inch dob review

mikeyggg

I was dribbling all over my keyboard reading the guys descriptions of the globs and galaxies.

They must have been awesome to the eye. I enjoyed his comment, the galaxy sailed into view like the Titanic. :shocked:

Ron. :lol:

Interesting that he says the 36" put him off observing for a while. He didn't even want use a 20" :shock:

I suppose nothing really looks as good when you seen it in that aperture!

Mind you, his next review is a 60mm refractor. Now that must have been a bit of a come down :shocked:

Interesting that he says the 36" put him off observing for a while. He didn't even want use a 20" :shock:

I always found the opposite to be true. The more I could see with a big scope, the more it made me want to push the limits of my observing skills, just to see how much I could see with a smaller scope. I'd look for some of the details I'd seen in a big scope, and sometimes, I'd suprise myself and see some.

Seriously though, does anyone have one of these in their backyard. If so, can I invite myself over? :shocked:

You'd need a fairly big garden to swing that around m8, believe me

It looks like your yard is big enough AND has a huge dob in it - can we gatecrash your place? :occasion5:

:shocked::lol::):lol::D

If only you could see the bit that's not in shot :lol:, there's a big hole where my fish pond used to be and I've only managed to fill half of it in at the moment so placing the scope is vital as viewing anything in the east could be a bit tricky..... well almost impossible actually. There's nothing worse than stepping off of the last rung of the ladder only to realise that your to near the edge of the hole and there's another two feet to go. :?

Archived