Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Imaging Kit

Since I had the my kit out today, I thought I would take a couple of photo's and share them with you. Most of my kit was bought at the beginning of this year and due to the cloudy Cambridgeshire skies , most of it has yet to have first light. :shocked:

Celestron C8 SCT, WO72, HEQ5 Pro mount, Meade DSI Pro II mono, QHY8, Microtouch focuser, Hyperstar V3 (not shown) and my new Dell 1730 laptop.

Cheers Jon

post-14336-133877343788_thumb.jpg

post-14336-133877343792_thumb.jpg

I see you found a better position for the Microtouch focuser handbox. I also see your flight cases :shocked:

Odd, I was tempted to get all my stuff out for a photo-session this afternoon too, but wife returned from her weekend away, and so I am tea slave for the rest of the day :lol:

A very nice set of hardware Jon. Pity the damned skies only allow us to look at our stuff, instead of putting it to work. Things can only get better, as the song goes. :shocked:

I just know those cables will be a bit tidier when things get serious. :lol:

Ron.

You went one better than me - I only got as far as setting mine up indoors. :shocked::lol::)

I'd updated some software on my laptop, so to test it I connected up the mount, Atik and web cam to run with SkyMap, EQMOD, Maxim and PHD. Sadly, it remains the only place I've had them running because the promised clear sky never materialised - it rained!

Mike

Hi Dave

Does look a bit like spaghetti junction i have to agree, I'm a bit reluctant to gather the cables up too much in case they pull out of the sockets during imaging. Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks Jon

don't go near the mount to laptop cable once it is etup and focused i tend to set a no go zone around the whole thing just so i don't pull the cables out.

nice set-up though

i hope you get to use it soon

Archived