Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's been too awful to image

That's a really good and clear capture! And the color is excellent, too!

Well done! You're further South than me up here in Vermont. The color has been been fantastic, but stability has been awful. This has resulted in Mars resembling Sirius with it's sparkling, multi-colored showing. Throw in more reds and oranges, and that's our Mars.

Keep up the great works -

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks buddies , Mars is finally getting a treat from my CNA, in the mail  is a t-ring for my  5x powermate , the cam can lose the 10mm extension lens and shoot with the 5x on 5mm . WOOHOO ! image scale and detail bursting out. During imaging I noticed that red fringe on the lower left of the image and I've tried everything that I know of  in processing to vanquish it.  any ideas, flats , darks etc? This cam is my goto for planetary because it's got a 1/2.5 in. sensor  opposed to the 1/4 in. on the spc900 and it's own capture and processing software , that I've yet to figure out how to use. I can capture with it but, I want to use tools like manual fusion etc. that really can improve my skills.

Archived