NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pastel sketch of full solar disc 2016-08-07

acr_astro

Dear all,

indeed the Sunday was really sunny today here so that I could do another pastel sketch of the full solar disc with the Lunt 50. Sun spot AR2571 was well visible in H alpha light as well and the solar limb offered a bunch of wonderful prominences of different shapes today. But have a look yourself:

20160807_Sun_H_alpha_small.jpg

Telescope: Lunt LS50 THaB600PT
Eyepiece: Celestron X-Cel 10mm
Date & Time: August 7th, 2016 / 1245-1325 CEST
Technique: orange and red pastels, pastel pens and charcoal pen on black sketching paper

Hope you enjoy it!

Clear skies!

Achim :)

9 minutes ago, acr_astro said:

Dear all,

indeed the Sunday was really sunny today here so that I could do another pastel sketch of the full solar disc with the Lunt 50. Sun spot AR2571 was well visible in H alpha light as well and the solar limb offered a bunch of wonderful prominences of different shapes today. But have a look yourself:

20160807_Sun_H_alpha_small.jpg

Telescope: Lunt LS50 THaB600PT
Eyepiece: Celestron X-Cel 10mm
Date & Time: August 7th, 2016 / 1245-1325 CEST
Technique: orange and red pastels, pastel pens and charcoal pen on black sketching paper

Hope you enjoy it!

Clear skies!

Achim :)

Wow Achim, what can I say that is without a doubt the most detailed pastel sketch I've ever seen ?

To get so much detail and the way you've presented what you observed it's truly beautiful ☺️

In my eyes it's a piece of art really well done and I look forward to admiring more of your artwork ☺️

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

Archived