Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

atik 414ex with ed80 and c8 edge

iwols

I'm using the 414ex with the ED80 and it all works very nicely. ..although I've not had much practice with it lately....come on dark nights!

It was a bit ofba pain getting the spacing rights with the reducer and filter wheel, but found it easy to use with the bundled Artemis Software when all set up...

hi mark thanks for that weve took a long journey and looks like weve finished at the same place with things,did you have to buy any spacers as im going to be ordering mine in the next couple of hours and dont want to be missing anything,any chance of a quick pic of your setup on the ed80 cheers

Yeah - all roads lead to CCD imaging....

I can't remember without looking exactly what I used, and it will depend on whether you have the Reducer in place and how thick your filter wheel is...but try this thread that I was discussing the same issue in.

I had a bit of trouble as I was missing an adapter from the filter wheel, but thankfully tracked one down from the SGL member I bought the wheel from and got it all set up - I will have to have a look tonight and I can post a picture if you want as I just can't remember. But, essentially, I think it was CCD to Wheel using the included adapter, then wheel to M42 adapter into the reducer onto the scope! Which gave me the requisite distance. I did buy some delrin spacers just in case, but didn't need them in the end.

One good recommendation was to rub a bit of boot polish into the threads on your spacers/adapters - they can "cold-weld" and be a real pain to release otherwise, which isn't great if you need to release them after putting them together wrong...like I did...several times....

Right, I'm on my phone because my laptop is playing up, so hopefully the picture will show properly.

You should be able to see:

Camera 13mm back focus to sensor

Adapter to connect camera to Filter Wheel 10mm

FW 20MM

M42 7.5mm extension

M42 adapter to reducer 7mm

57.5mm in total...IIRC the distance should be about 56mm to 58mm...the measurements are what I remember roughly...but total distance was about 57/58mm.

Once I found the FW adapter I just needed the 7.5mm extension as I had bought the M42 adapter for the reducer previously.

Hope that helps!

IMG_20160804_190048.jpg

Archived