Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Angel Nebula - Mandel Wilson 2 - IFN Galore!

To capture IFN you need a fast scope, very sensitive CCD camera, a good mount for long subs and lots and lots of them.  Add to that plenty of patience both capturing images and processing them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

For the next few months no plans to go after IFN - just got the RH 200 collimated finally last night (beware of fancy laser collimation devices is the lesson learnt, miles out - dropped in a cheshire and within 0.04" on first attempt!) so would be nice weather permitting to go after some summer targets.  When nights are a bit longer and darker will be having another look but not until late September when dark times are more prevalent. 

Keep me posted on your progress - i will pop you a mail when i start again and let you know of any candidates i spot.

Paddy

Thanks Paddy!

Awesome scopes BTW and I too like cheshires and also my autocollimator for the newts.

6 hours ago, Gina said:

To capture IFN you need a fast scope, very sensitive CCD camera, a good mount for long subs and lots and lots of them.  Add to that plenty of patience both capturing images and processing them.

Yes to all of those, patience being the main one.  Fast scopes not so much, good skies is more important, you can still find with slower scopes if you up the capture time.

Paddy

Archived