Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MattJenko

a mini widefield cmos rig

It has arrived. My new cooled ASI1600MM. It now sits attached to my TS60 and is ready to gather dust for the next couple of months until the first clear night during a full moon some time in October. Happy days  :hello2:.

This should also make a nice travel rig for my StarAdventurer, once I get all the spacings and software all working.

ts60asi1600.JPG

• Like 2

Hi,

Is that the new version ASI1600 with the built in 2 port USB hub, for powering filter wheel etc....as I have been waiting for them to get over here, I know they are available in the US, but thought if I was going to get one, I would get the new version, not sure why they brought out a new one so soon after the launch of the first....! But think the USB hub would be really useful, it's USB 3 too.....

regards

Bill

very nice setup Matt, i look forward to seeing some images from it. watch you dont overload that mount mate :icon_biggrin:. charl. 

Here's a pic of the new model, guider port has gone though...

http://www.cloudynights.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=726177

amd the thread all about the release, some people not happy though and feel a bit miffed that they just bought one and now a new model is out....

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/544182-new-asi-1600mm-will-have-usb2-hub/

and a close up of the back, fitted with the new ZWO mini USB filter wheel

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o6h93ajuevpyzi/P1010774.JPG?dl=0

Bill

Edited by RuralBill

It s the "old" one. Not fussed about a hub to be honest, so don't feel hard done by :).

• Like 1

Cheers Charl. I agree, it is pushing things on that mount. Might have to dig a big concrete filled hole to secure it :)

• Like 1