NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

do pixinsight do any offers

iwols

hi after using pixinsight a couple of time s on demo ,that yeh thats good until i looked at the price,do they ever do any offers or can you buy second hand or anything like that as i would love it but cant justify the price cheers

I've never seen a promotion based on price. Come to think of it, I've never seen a licence offered for sale s/h either. If you think PI is and absolute 'must have' for you then you have little choice other than pay up, but there are cheaper ways (alternative software) of successfully processing your data. We all would like things to be cheaper of course but personally I think the purchase price is reasonable considering you get unlimited updates.

ChrisH

Considering what PI can do it is a good deal.  It can do the whole imaging shebang once you have got your subs.

Think of it this way:  you spend all that money on "real" stuff like cameras, scopes, mounts, etc. Well, the SW is "real" as well don't forget!

Software yes, it is made by hard work which does need to be paid for. No different from anything else which is made. Pixinsight - well - it's a bit of a fundamentalist package and the day will never come when I use it from start to finish. But I doubt the day will ever come when I don't use it at all!

Olly

Archived